image

image
 

A+ A-
Voice of 71 Voice of 71 Author
Title: Ekbar biday de Ma ghure ashi (Bid me goodbye Mother)
Author: Voice of 71
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
  Ekbar biday de Ma ghure ashi ("Bid me goodbye Mother") is a Bengali patriotic song written by Pitambar Das.This song was c...
 
Ekbar biday de Ma ghure ashi ("Bid me goodbye Mother") is a Bengali patriotic song written by Pitambar Das.This song was composed in honour of Khudiram Bose. This song is still very popular in West Bengal(India), Khudiram Bose is highly revered as a hero in India particularly West Bengal.

Khudiram Bose was the first Bengali warrior rebel who was hanged by British Government. Khudiram took part in armed revolution against the British Raj was sentenced to death and hanged on 11 August 1908. At that time he was only 18 years old. The song was written on the occasion Khudiram's death. It was celebrated farewell song by Khudiram. Entire Bengali nation shed tears over this song.

The song written when young Khudiram was hanged to death. In the song, (in first person narrative), Khudiram is asking his mother to bid him goodbye (since he is going to die).

Mother bid me farewell once, I will be back soon.
Whole of India will watch me While I wear the noose smiling

I prepared a bomb on my own
And was waiting by the roadside O Mother
I wanted to kill the master
But killed some other English people

Let me bid me you farewell Mother, I need to go
If I had a dagger with me
I wouldn’t have been caught
I would have killed or slashed myself to death

On Saturday morning after 10AM
The Judge Court Road will be packed with people O Mother
Abhiram was deported to an island,
Khudiram will hang by the neck

12 lac and 33 crore
Is the number of sons and daughters you will have left O Mother
Build your family around them
And they will make British slave

10 months and 10 days from now
I shall be born to my maternal aunt O Mother
If you don’t recognize me
Look for the noose around my neck.

About Author

Advertisement

Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top